Diddy’s Rep Issues Strong Statement on New 50 Cent Netflix Documentary: “Netflix used footage that was never authorized for release”

2 months ago 7

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ team is pushing back hard against Netflix following the release of 50 Cent’s new documentary centered on the hip-hop mogul. In an exclusive statement issued to Power 1051 host Loren Lorosa, Combs’ representatives allege that the streaming platform used unauthorized, private, and legally sensitive footage without approval.

According to Combs’ team:

“We have confirmed that Netflix used footage that was never authorized for release – including private moments, pre-indictment material from an unfinished project, and conversations involving legal strategy that were not intended for public viewing.”

They claim the footage in question was originally created for a completely different, now-abandoned project. Because that arrangement was never finalized, they say no rights were ever transferred to Netflix or any outside party.

“A payment dispute between outside parties does not create permission for Netflix to use unlicensed, private material. None of this footage came from Mr. Combs or his team, and its inclusion raises serious questions about how it was obtained and why Netflix chose to use it.”

Combs’ reps emphasize that the content was never meant for public consumption and that its release could misrepresent private legal discussions and personal moments. Adding to their allegations  that: “50 cent is a longtime public adversary who has mocked Mr. Combs for decades, posted fabricated accusations, and publicly celebrated his legal challenges. Even Mr. Jackson has admitted he was ‘shocked’ Sean ever filmed some of these moments, which underscores that the footage is being exploited for entertainment rather than presented with fairness or context.”

On Good Morning America, 50 Cent (Curtis Jackson) revealed that his upcoming Netflix docuseries about Sean “Diddy” Combs includes unreleased footage Combs commissioned in 2024, shortly before his September arrest on sex trafficking, prostitution, and racketeering charges. The trailer shows Combs speaking with his lawyers and expressing distress, as well as clips of him saying he needs a bath and hand sanitizer after being “out in the streets.”

Jackson said he was surprised Combs film the private moments.

Combs’ spokesperson, Juda Engelmayer, told The New York Times that neither Combs nor his team authorized the footage to be used and expressed concern over how Jackson obtained it. Jackson and director Alexandria Stapleton did not disclose their source, but Jackson said the footage reveals Combs’ character and that he was surprised Combs documented his own legal crisis.

Engelmayer confirmed Combs had been working on his own documentary before his arrest and was negotiating with Netflix, but creative control became an issue.

The four part docuseries set for December 2, will also include interviews with two jurors who explain the mixed verdict in Combs’ trial, which resulted in convictions on two prostitution-related charges but acquittals on racketeering and sex trafficking.

WMV will continue to provide updates as the story develops.

Read Entire Article